In order to register online, you must be in one of the following school districts in Pennsylvania.
VOLKWEIN'S MUSIC INSTRUMENT RENTAL PROGRAM is designed to provide music students with quality musical instruments for a modest initial investment. THE NON-REFUNDABLE INITIAL PAYMENT covers a FOUR MONTH TRIAL RENTAL PERIOD and our rental agreement processing costs. After the trial rental period, the customer will receive a monthly statement showing the amount due for continuing to rent the instrument.
Following the trial rental period, the initial payment plus 100% of the first 36 consecutive monthly rental payments (THE RENTAL MONEY) may be applied to the purchase of a brand new, name-brand instrument. The choice of instruments is restricted to the types designated on the rental agreement and must be a brand and model for which Volkwein's Music is an authorized dealer, (No Special Orders). The price of the instrument shall be the manufacturer's suggested retail price at the time the purchase is made. THE CUSTOMER MAY RETURN THE RENTAL INSTRUMENT AND PURCHASE A NEW INSTRUMENT at any time during the rental period. (See Terms and Conditions on Reverse)*
RENTAL PROGRAM RETURN POLICY
Instruments are rented on a month to month basis. Rented instruments may be returned to Volkwein's at any time thereby terminating the instrument rental agreement. The instrument may be returned in person, or shipped by US Mail, UPS or any prepaid mail service, to Volkwein's Music Store. The rental agreement will be canceled when the instrument is received at the store.
Volkwein's must be notified by the customer if instrument return arrangements are made with the music teacher at your school. Customers will remain responsible for rental instruments until received by Volkwein's Music.
If a rental instrument is returned and a new instrument is not purchased, all rental payments which have been paid to Volkwein's will be treated strictly as rent paid for the use of the instrument and the purchase option is forfeited.
Rental money is available only for use by the individual account holder who has been renting the instrument and may not be transferred to or combined with any other rental account.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF VOLKWEIN'S INSTRUMENT RENTAL PROGRAM
1a. Under the Instrument Rental Program, the initial payment plus one-hundred percent (100%) of the monthly rental payments (the Rental Money) may be accumulated for a period of up to thirty-six (36) months, following the trial rental period, toward the purchase of a new name-brand instrument. The customer may return the rental instrument and purchase a new instrument at any time during the rental period. Rental money accumulated at the time of purchase may be applied toward the new instrument purchase price. The purchase price of the new instrument will be the manufacturer's suggested retail price, plus sales tax, at the time the customer makes the purchase. The new instrument that is purchased must be one of equal or greater value as compared to the current manufacturer's suggested retail price of the instrument that was rented and must be of the type included in the Instrument Rental Program. If the customer does not wish to purchase a new instrument by the end of the 36 month rental accumulation period, the customer may continue to rent the instrument by paying the monthly rental fees. Rental payments after the 36 month period will be treated strictly as rent paid for the use of the instrument and will not increase the rental money which may be applied toward the purchase price of a new instrument. Rental money may be applied only toward the purchase of a new instrument as listed in the rental program and may not be applied toward the purchase of guitars or guitar accessories, keyboards, instrument repairs, or other products or services offered by Volkwein's.
*1b. The purchase price of a Drum Kit, Percussion Kit, or Combo Percussion Kit may be met prior to the 36 month accrual period. Any rental payments made beyond that amount will not be refunded and will be considered rent paid for the use of the instrument. It is the responsibility of the customer to make the purchase decision regarding this item within a time frame that may prevent them from making rental payments in excess of the cost of a new Drum Kit, Percussion Kit, or Combo Percussion Kit. Information regarding these prices will be available by contacting Volkwein's Music via phone or e-mail.
2. Instruments in the Rental Program are divided into three groups. Group I includes flute, clarinet, trumpet, trombone, drum kit, percussion kit, combo percussion kit, violin, and viola. Group II includes alto saxophone, oboe, piccolo, and cello. Group III includes baritone horn, french horn, and bass. Instruments in a given group are considered to be of "equal value". Instruments in Group III are considered to be of "greater value" as compared to those in Group II and Instruments in Group II are considered to be of "greater value" as compared to those in Group I.
3. Upon the recommendation of a music teacher or private instructor, the customer may exchange the rented instrument for another instrument as listed in the rental program, as long as rental payments are current. In this situation, the rental money may be transferred to the replacement instrument, subject to the "equal or greater value" rules as stated above.
4. Under Volkwein's "Free Service" policy, our repair department will repair or adjust the rented instrument without charge throughout the term of this rental period, as long as rental payments are current and the necessary repairs are not due to negligence or willful destruction. Free service does not include the replacement of lost or broken parts, mouthpieces, strings, sticks, or other accessory items. The instrument may be brought to Volkwein's or shipped by US Mail, UPS or any other shipping service. Volkwein's will not be responsible, or reimburse a customer, for any unauthorized repair, i.e. repair work done by a repair facility other than Volkwein's.
5. Under Volkwein's "Free Replacement" policy, Volkwein's will replace the rental instrument without charge throughout the term of this rental period, as long as rental payments are current and loss or theft is not due to negligence or willful destruction. The Customer must file a police report within 48 hours of the loss or theft and provide Volkwein's with a copy of the report.
6. Volkwein's reserves the right to repossess any instrument if the account becomes delinquent by sixty (60) days or more. The customer will be responsible for the outstanding balance of unpaid rental fees on the account and any and all collection costs involved, including legal fees. Non-receipt of a bill does not exempt liability if a customer fails to notify Volkwein's of a billing address change.
7. A $20.00 fee will apply for any check returned for any reason.
8. If any Balance Due remains unpaid for more than one month beyond the statement date, a LATE CHARGE of 5% of the total of any unpaid rental payments will be added to the balance due, with a MAXIMUM MONTHLY LATE CHARGE of $35.00.
PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE
You have taken great care in selecting Volkwein's Music as the music store to provide for the music needs of your family. You want to build a relationship with a company you can trust, and at Volkwein's Music we know that you have high expectations of us. As a part of our relationship, we have asked you to share certain information with us, and we want you to have the highest confidence that your personal information is safe with Volkwein's Music. This notice is provided to you in accordance with the requirements of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act of 1999, and serves as the standard for all Volkwein's Music employees in the collection, use, retention and security of all nonpublic personal consumer information.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT